RE: Management Server on W2K

From: Rama Malladi <rmalladi_at_inteliant.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 08:45:08 -0700

Alex,
 I installed OEM 2.1 with Management Server on NT and OEM2.1 without Management Server on W2k (also installed some optional Tuning Pack, Change Management Pack etc.. on W2k).

 I started the OMS on NT using Control Panel and Set up the repository on one of the Oracle 8i databases (running on Sun Solaris, but this can be anywhere including on the same NT machine).

 Then I tested that OEM works from the NT machine first. It worked, I created some OEM user accounts. Then from my W2k machine, I launched OEM console and logged in as one of the users that I just created on NT.

 I can now operate from my W2k Machine or NT machine. I can schedule jobs, events etc.. from both places and it is working VERY Well....!!!

Hope it helps
Rama