svrmgrl replacement?

From: Dennis Taylor <ismgr_at_pctc.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:30:59 -0700

I've always used svrmgrl on the host, but I'm hearing that it's going to be gone as of 8.1.5 or 8.1.6 or some such. After that, I guess you use sqlplus.

I seem to have vague memories of a lot of the setup scripts (catproc, catrep, etc etc) choking when running in sqlplus because they contain characters or text that sqlplus 'interprets' to the detriment of the script. Is this fixed in 8i, or simply my faulty memory?

And what about "connect internal" ? I find it hard to visualize how you'll connect to oracle to (ferinstance) create a database, using sqlplus.

Has anyone actually abandoned svrmgrl and used sqlplus for some of this basic admin stuff?

---

Dennis Taylor
---

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good,
you'll have to ram them down people's throats. Received on Fri Sep 22 2000 - 11:30:59 CDT