RE: Stats Pack

From: Diana Duncan <Diana_at_fileFRENZY.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:16:10 -0400

Just the other day, I ran out of room, so I just copied the = statsauto.sql
and created a statsclean.sql script to remove old stats (I chose older = than
three days, but that could be changed easily). This is not a great = script,
but may be useful...

Rem
Rem statsclean.sql
Rem
Rem NAME
Rem statsclean.sql
Rem
Rem DESCRIPTION
Rem SQL*PLUS command file to cleanup the STATPACK statistics. It removes all statistics
Rem prior to three days before it is run. Rem
Rem NOTES

Rem      Should be run as the STATSPACK owner, PERFSTAT.
Rem      Requires job_queue_processes init.ora parameter to be
Rem      set to a number >0 before statistics cleaning
Rem      will run.

Rem
Rem MODIFIED (MM/DD/YY)
Rem dduncan 09/20/2000 - Created
Rem

spool statsclean.lis

--

variable jobno number;
variable instno number;

prompt
prompt Job number for cleanup of statistics for this instance prompt =

prompt Note that this job number is needed when modifying or removing prompt the job:
print jobno

prompt
prompt Job queue process

prompt  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

prompt Below is the current setting of the job_queue_processes = init.ora
prompt parameter - the value for this parameter must be greater prompt than 0 to clean up statistics:
show parameter job_queue_processes
prompt

prompt
prompt Next scheduled run

prompt  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

prompt The next scheduled run for this job is: select job, next_date, next_sec
  from user_jobs
 where job =3D :jobno;

spool off;

Author: Hatzistavrou Giannis

   INET: j.hatzistavrou_at_telesoft.gr

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at=20 http://profiles.msn.com.

--=20

--=20

Author: susan mcclain
  INET: susie8529_at_hotmail.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in Received on Fri Sep 22 2000 - 09:16:10 CDT