RMAN Vs Hotbackup scripts

From: Rama Malladi <rmalladi_at_inteliant.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:28:33 -0700

Hi ..!
 In our last Technical meeting between DBAs/SysAdmins, there was a discussion on RMAN Vs using the Hotbackup scripts.

 Many DBAs are pretty happy with the Hotbackup mechanism. Some are happy with the RMAN. What I am trying to find out is NOT the Pros and Cons of each.

 Rather, how many people use Hotbackups Vs RMAN. If somebody switched to RMAN or hot backups, why?

Really appreciate your thoughts!

Rama Malladi
Sr. Oracle DBA (OCP)
Inteliant Corp., California