RE: Stats Pack

From: susan mcclain <susie8529_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 13:18:44 GMT

Hi,

I will be giving a presentation on STATSPACK at OOW. The utility is pretty easy to use. There doesn't seem to be a lot of documentation on it, but there are some good papers out on metalink (check technet also).

I personally like it, and have also talked with some DBA's that have been using it in a production environment for months and swear by it...

I agree with Vincent though, Oracle did not provide an good way to delete old records, or snapshot. You really have to monitor your datafile growth depending on how much you use the utility.

Susan McClain
Manager, Oracle DBA
marchFIRST

Author: Hatzistavrou Giannis