RE: Informix to Oracle conversion

From: Jain, Akshay <Akshay.Jain_at_cit.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:49:53 -0400

We converted in the other direction, and there were a couple of gotchas: - Using flat files, you must ensure that there are no carriage returns in your data, as
well as no occurrences of "|" or whatever delimiter you are going to use. - Informix has no "sequences", and deals with triggers by always calling stored procedures.

For the second point, we had to code up fake tables to mimic a sequence, that was
accessed sequentially by the different sessions needing unique numbers. This is in fact
pointing out features of Oracle that could be useful to you in your conversion, but that
is probably at a later stage.

Akshay Jain

Newcourt-CIT
Tel. (416) 507-5385