RE: rolling group by

From: <Yosi_at_comhill.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:20:14 -0400

Sounds like you could use a nested select with the stdev and group by in it as a column in your query. Something like:

SELECT col1, date1, (SELECT stdev (col1)

                      FROM    tab1
                      WHERE   col1 = x.col1
                      AND     date1 between x.date1 - 31 and x.date1 - 1 )
rolling_stdev
FROM tab1 x
WHERE criteria
/

I just tried this and it worked. (By the way, the above code lines up well in Courrier.)

Of course if your still back in Oracle7, this would be a good time to upgrade.

HTH, Yosi