Re: under what condition can i use svrmgrl?

From: Sanjay Kumar <ora_user_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:40:03 -0700

Why dont u try
connect internal@<sid>.world

Sanjay

> hi,all
> i am a beginner and have just installed oracle8i2 on my nt server with
sp5.

> the installation is correct with no error. and in the end i didn't let it
create the db for me. i want to do it by myself.

> and i used " oradim -new -sid orcl -startmode auto -pfile xxxxx" and it
succeeded. as i typed "net start" in the command line,the service 'oracleserviceorcl' was running,also the listener was running.. but the next step failed: i typed "svrmgrl" ,and error appears:ORA 12560.TNS,protocol adaptor error.
> and i also tried sqlplus with the following step: sqlplus /nolog, connect
internal/oracle,and the same error appeared.