NT disaster recovery for Oracle - your experiences

From: O'Neill, Sean <Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:06:36 +0200

Anyone out there care to share experiences of gotcha's and things to do learnt from experiences of recovering Oracle on NT platforms in disaster recovery situtations (simulated or real!) where original server has been "taken out" and differrent server with different disk arrangements etc. has had to be used for recovery purposes. So we are talking about NT being rebuilt, I know an NT admin issue and then Oracle software and data being restored from tape backups. I "suspect" NT registry may be an issue.

Sean :)

#    #   #    #  #    #  #    #  Rookie
#    #  #######  ######  #    #  Adminstrator
Organon (Ireland) Ltd.
E-mail: sean.oneill_at_organon.ie [subscribed: Digest Mode]

The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.