Re: Alert Log & SQL

From: <cjgait_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 07:37:34 -0400

I don't know of any way to use SQL to get this information (other than collecting it and putting it in a table as someone else suggested). However if you are looking for specific events (such as errors), in 8i you can establish system-wide event triggers that will notify the appropriate people when something happens. I would not try this in 8.1.5, however, based on my own experience. I had a trigger that looked for ORA-600s and notified the DBAs by email. Unfortunately there was a bug in 8.1.5 that caused core dumps when there were other errors, especially unhandled exceptions. So the bottom line is that this is a good approach as long as you are on 8.1.6 and up.

Regards,
Chris Gait