Re: Network Tuning

From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:03:30 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, John,

Where do you read that tdu is on the server side and sdu is on the client. I thought they were effective on both sides and you have to set them on both sides.

One Metalink article says it's best to set it to be the same. Another says set TDU to be the same as or multiple of SDU. In either case, they're limited by the hardware MTU.

Yong Huang

 From: "Shaw, John B"
 Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 06:04:28 -0500
 Subject: RE: Network Tuning

The tdu is on the server side the sdu is on the client side - in order to work best they should be the same - I have set mine at 16K - lots of long or clob data (my users like to enter lots of comments).

Intergraph Public Safety
mailstop LR24A4
jbshaw_at_ingr.com
256-730-8038

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 14:03:30 CDT