Serializable transaction bug

From: yong huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 14:33:03 -0700 (PDT)

I found this on Metalink
http://support.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=FOR&p_id=145339.999 but see no solution. I can reproduce it here. If you have any advice, please let me know. Thanks a lot.

RDBMS Version: 8.1.5
Operating System and Version: Solaris 2.6 Error Number (if applicable): ORA-08177
Product (i.e. SQL*Loader, Import, etc.): Server Product Version: 8.1.5

ORA-08177: Serializable transactions cannot insert rows into the same table

I am running 8.1.5 version and I am hitting this problem:

1)Table has an index (primary key)
2)Session #1 starts with set session serializable
3)Session #2 starts with set session serializable and inserts a record and
commits.
4)Session #1 inserts and gets the 8177 error.
5)If I remove the index and retest, there is no problem.
6)Changing the INITTRANS makes no difference.

Yong Huang
yong321_at_yahoo.com

Do You Yahoo!?
Send instant messages & get email alerts with Yahoo! Messenger. Received on Wed Sep 20 2000 - 16:33:03 CDT