Re: PL/SQL Procedure not returning correct value

From: Rajagopal Venkataramany <gvrvrr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 19:23:13 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

   In the following sql,

 SELECT MIN(GRN_NO) INTO MIN_GRN FROM
 STORE_FIFO_GRN_DTL
  WHERE PART_NO=PART_NO
    AND PRODUCT=PRODUCT
    AND STOCK > 0;   I suspect that the part_no and product that u   are using in the right hand side of the = operator   are being intepreted by the database as the   database columns itself from store_fifo_grn_dtl   table and is not being equated to your input   parameter value. The database is right in this.

  Use a naming standard like I_PRODUCT and   I_PART_NO for the input variables.

  This should solve the mystery.

  Let me know if your requirement is not met.

Regards
Rajagopal Venkataramany