question about locally managed tablespaces..

From: bunyamin karadeniz <bunyamink_at_havelsan.com.tr>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:05:10 +0300

 I did not understand a point about locally managed tablespaces.

  When I create a data dictionary managed tablespace, I use

                  >   Create tablespace xxx
                        datafile 'D:\............\xxx.dbf'
                        size 100M
                        Default storage ( initial 500K Next 500K
Maxextents500 pctincrease 0);
 When I create a locally managed tablespace, I use

> Create tablespace xxx

                        datafile 'D:\............\xxx.dbf'
                        size 100M
                       extent management local
                       uniform size 10M;
          Question1 :    In locally managed tablespaces , The book says that
I can not use 'default storage'. As I know the default storage in dictionary managed tablespaces are applied to the objects created in that tablespace without specifying a storage clouse. So In locally managed tablespaces , Do I have to write the storage clouse for all objects created in that tablespace.( for ex. for every table I created).

          Question 2 : Can I say that equality ? 'Uniform Size 10M' = take extents each of 10M when 100M is used .

          Question 3 :   Think I am using dictionary managed tablespaces .
                              > Create tablespace xxx
                                     Datafile 'D:\.....\xxx1dbf'
                                     size 100M
                                  minimum extent 500K
maxextents 500 pctincrease 0);
                            What does that mean?
     Tablespace size =100M and enlarge by taking 500K extents if 100M full.
???         Is it ?
                            What does datafile enlarging(autoextent on)
means then ? Datafile is in tablespace and tablespace enlarges so do I have to assign 'autoextent on' for a datafile ????

Bunyamin K. Karadeniz
Information Technologies Dept.
Database Group Tel :90-312-2873565/1681
HAVELSAN Ankara / TURKEY