RE: Calculating UGA size

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 05:17:08 +1000

Hi Yong,

The 'session uga memory max' statistic includes the persistent and runtime memory for cursors that were open at the time when the high-water mark of UGA memory usage was set. However, the runtime memory shown in V$SQLAREA is just the "ephemeral frame" and does not include cursor work heap structures such as the sort area. On the other hand, the V$SQLAREA query proposed would include memory for cursors that were not open concurrently. So, although you are looking at some of the right information, there is not much that you can conclude from it.

@ Regards,
@ Steve Adams
@ http://www.ixora.com.au/
@ http://www.christianity.net.au/