RE: Pattern maching question

From: William Beilstein <BeilstWH_at_OBG.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:14:41 -0400

Use

select contact_name from contact=20
where substr(contact_name,1,1) between '0' and '9'

>>> Diana Duncan <Diana_at_fileFRENZY.com> 09/19/00 10:45AM >>>
If you have OWA, the owa_pattern package is very good for this stuff. I don't know why they haven't made that one into a regular dbms_ or utl_ package yet. If you can, steal that package!

Author: Glenn Travis
  INET: Glenn.Travis_at_wcom.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). --=20
Author: Diana Duncan
  INET: Diana_at_fileFRENZY.com=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Sep 19 2000 - 10:14:41 CDT