RE: forgotten sys password

From: Uldis Pavuls <U.Pavuls_at_konts.lv>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:21:17 +0300

Hi,
it seems you're using sys password as it is in database, though connecting internal you should use one in passwordfile. It doesn't matter if you use sys or internal, it's the same in this case.

Let you try "sys as sysdaba" or internal.

If you fail, you might save old orapwXXXX in %ORACLE_HOME/dbs and use orapwd to create new one with password you desire.

  where
    file - name of password file (mand),     password - password for SYS and INTERNAL (mand),     entries - maximum number of distinct DBA and OPERs (opt),   There are no spaces around the equal-to (=) character.

HTH, Uldis

Uldis Pavuls
DBA, Tieto Konts Financial Systems Ltd.
Kr.Barona 32, Riga, Latvia, LV 1011