Re: Informix to Oracle conversion

From: James Howerton <jhowerton_at_uabmc.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 16:13:17 -0500

Thanks to everyone who gave me some advise on Informix to Oracle conversion= . I'm rolling now, still some errors but I'm making progress.

...JIM...
>>> sfcawley_at_interaccess.com 9/16/00 2:15:23 AM >>>
You can get all of the Informix docs from: http://www.informix.com/answers= =20

Dbacces is Informix's SQL*Plus. It has a menuing system with it. I would = connect and run all scripts as informix (same as sys or system).

SC

> Bill,
>
> The help I need is not really with the kit but with just a few Informix =
basics. I have never worked with Informix and there is nolonger anyone = here that has either(or won't admit to it anyway). The scripts supplied by = the Oracle kit use dbadmin to interface with the database. I have no clue = how to use this product and I'm running it against a production system. Do = I need to logon as the Informix UNIX user and then run dbadmin? When I run = it as annother user I get not connected errors, here is an example of the = run

> " dbaccess database_name script.sql"
>
> Is there anything resembling sqlplus available for interacting with the =
database?

> Thanks
>
> ...JIM...

> I have done an Informix to Oracle conversion, but I'm not sure what the
> Oracle conversion kit is. I wrote my own conversion.
>
> Bill Carle
> AT&T
> Database Administrator
> 816-995-3922
> wcarle_at_att.com=20

--=20
Author: Stephen F. Cawley
  INET: sfcawley_at_interaccess.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 16:13:17 CDT