Failover with Oracle8 Parallel server

From: Penny Keefe <Penny.Keefe_at_auc.trw.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 18:51:19 -0600

Anyone have any experience with Oracle8 Parallel server? We are having difficultly failing over when the network connection is pulled from the server (similulating a network card or connection failure). To be more specific-- We have a program that uses OCI to connect to the database. When we pull the network connection it takes 3 minutes before sqlnet sends an error message. I was wondering if there is anyway to shorten the response time to a minute or less. The verison of Oracle is 8.0.5 and we use local hostnaming (tnsnames) to connect to the server.

I have had many suggestions from people in the field that say to edit the listener.ora file. Since the client never makes a connection to the server, I don't think this is the right file to edit.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Received on Mon Sep 18 2000 - 19:51:19 CDT