Error: Could not reserve record(2 tries)

From: Ajay Kothari <akothari_at_lipidata.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 10:51:21 +0530

Database:ORACLE 7.3.4/ SCO-UNIX Open Server Release 5(5.0.2) / Forms5 /Win-98

Problem Defination: When the transaction is being made on a particular record (Query,Update or Delete)Sometimes the transaction hangs and the same record cann't be queried, even after opening a new session to do the same. At this movement v$locked_object view shows locked entries for that session/process. When we kill the session by giving "Alter system kill session 'SID, Serial#' command, the locked transaction is executed and clear the entries from v$locked_object view.

Error message(Forms): "Could not reserve record (2Tries) keep trying" with Yes or No options. 2 Tries increases upto n numbers on each hit.

It would be helpful to me if anyone could suggest a appropriate solution to above problem.

Thanks in advance
Ajay Kothari
akothari_at_lipidata.com

Lipi Data Systems Ltd, Mumbai Received on Sat Sep 16 2000 - 00:21:21 CDT