Re: forgotten sys password

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:30:01 -0400

Hi Zhuchao,

In 8.1.6 on NT, a local group ORA_DBA is created at install time. It is higly likely that the user that is currently logged into the console is not the same user that was logged in during the install. grant the group ORA_DBA to the user, and you should be able to connect internal without a password.

there more than 1 way to grant the ORA_DBA group to the local user - either directly or implicitly. I"d just grant it directly in User Manager.

email me directly if you need further info.

Paul