Re: Question on View

From: Davide Bellesi <davide.bellesi_at_visto.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 01:01:42 -0700

Hi,=20

create view test_vw
as select=20
to_number(

      substr(C.course_id,1,3)||
      substr(CE.sessions_id,1,5)
         ,'99999999')

"test_id",
C.course_id,
CE.location_city
from COURSES C,=20

     COURSES_SESSIONS CE; Davide

-----Original Message-----
From: Bajwa, Sandeep S BajwaSS_at_ch.etn.com Sent: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:05:13 -0800 To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
Subject: Question on View

I want to create a view where one column is a=20 combination of two columns (from two different tables).

i.e. course_id and sessions_id are both numbers, for example if course_id=3D123 and sessions_id=3D12345 I want test_id (on view) to look like 12312345 (and be a number).

What am I doing wrong here? (error is=20

ERROR at line 3:
ORA-00923: FROM keyword not found where expected)

         *

--=20
Author: Bajwa, Sandeep S
  INET: BajwaSS_at_ch.etn.com