Tuning SQL/Response

From: Belinda Taylor <btaylor3_at_gmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 09:49:59 -0400

We are working with Coldfusion and Oracle on a simple database which contains survey responses. I am having problems with response times from simple SQL select statements. I added indexes to fields being used for reporting purposes but nothing seems to help. Any suggestions for reducing the response time. We are trying to keep the response times down to 40 seconds; however, with no success. Most of the SQL is going against a table with approximately 70,000 records and growing.. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Received on Fri Sep 15 2000 - 08:49:59 CDT