log file sync and processes

From: Russell Brooks <russell.brooks_at_amctechnology.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 10:28:31 -0400

Hi,
  During a conversion we are getting very high numbers of log file sync. We can't really do much with the striping and I am investigating some other options. One of the recommendations I have run across indicates if that this can occur if processes is unnecessarily high. In our case processes is set to 1000 and the shadow processes are running around 90. I'm getting some push back from others who do not accept that a high number of processes can have this effect. Anyone know of corroborating information from experts or documentation? I don't see anything confirming it in Metalink or on Steve Adams' site.

Regards,
Russ Brooks Received on Fri Sep 15 2000 - 09:28:31 CDT