RE: Sqlplus and connect internal

From: Steve McClure <steve_at_pactr.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 14:13:58 -0700

It's not like Oracle Pioneered this usage of the word. I have seen it many times in manuals for Operating Systems(UNIX, AS400 etc.) and programming languages(Perl, C, Fortran, Pascal). It simply means that the feature is included and works in this current release...but is scheduled to be phased out in a forthcoming release. In other words, we feel we have made this feature useless or redundant, and don't want you to plan heavily on its' use.

Steve McClure
P.S. I really wasn't going to reply to this thread, but it kept coming up. I couldn't hold my 2 cents.

Author: Dennis Taylor
  INET: ismgr_at_pctc.com