RE: OCI

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 15:01:58 -0400

I like OCI (I'm not a programmer, though) because it gives me the full control over all available oracle features. OCI also makes it easier to use C++ which is very hard to do with PRO*C. And I do not wear a propeller hat or a Red Sox hat, no sir! I wear the good old New York Yankees baseball cap. Jose Conseco is doing just fine, isn't he?

Author: David Turner <turner_at_tellme.com>
Date:       9/14/00 11:35 AM

We have some systems that have flaky connections and it is causing some of our developers' oci apps to hang. How best, aside from getting better connections, would you deal with the hanging. They would like the applications to not just hang but realize that the connection is lost and handle accordingly rather than just hanging.

Thanks, Dave Turner

Author: David Turner
  INET: turner_at_tellme.com