Re: How many databases do you support? - remote NT

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 11:20:44 -0700

Paul,

Thanks for a really cool tip.

The free download of the trial product is prominent on their web site, but for some reason I couldn't find any pricing info, do you know where/what it is?

Also (I'm just starting to learn NT/Win2K sorry if this is a "dodo" question) in terms of NT/Win2K server management why is this better than the built-in MS VPN stuff, or logging in over IP?

thanks,
ep

cc (via fwd): WINNT-L_at_PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM

---
http://www.danware.com/profile.htm

excerpt from the above:

| The Story about the lazy programmer
|
| Back in early 1987, Danware lived in humble surroundings where space
| was scarce. The company was beginning to be successful with fault
| tolerant systems for trading stocks and bonds. As a consequence of
| the lack of space, system servers used for development were located
| under the kitchen sink. The result being, that programmers had to
| make the trip to the kitchen and re-boot the servers when their
| programs did not perform. One such programmer had too many trips to
| the kitchen, so one day he developed a program which would allow
| him to view the server screen and perform a re-boot without having
| to leave his workstation. This was the beginning of NetOp, running
| on DOS with a TSR that required less than 1 Kb. of memory, 867
| bytes to be exact.

---

On 13 Sep 2000, at 23:35, Paul Drake scribbled with alacrity and cogency:

Date sent:      	Wed, 13 Sep 2000 23:35:24 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
Send reply to:  	ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
From:           	Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Subject:        	Re: How many databases do you support? - remote NT