Need PL/SQL help

From: Michael Ray <Michael.Ray_at_trw.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:04:10 -0700

List,
I was asked to pull some data and I'm not sure how to code the query. I = know SQL fairly well but not much PL/SQL outside of what I learned in the = Intro class.

Basically I need to pull first-pass and second-pass test data for modules. = First-pass is easy as that is just MIN(TESTDATE) and we already do this. = My problem is how to easily get second (or n) pass data given n+1 tests.

My feeling is I would need to do:
1. Get list of modules tested

   2. For each module, get all tests

      3. Sort list of tests by date and loop down to nth one
         4. Store the data needed associated with this record in temp =
table

Is there a better way to do this? Perhaps an undocumented MINn(x) command = <g>?

Could someone please provide the basic PL/SQL structure that I could = cut/paste into? BTW, this will be pulling a lot of data so I'm trying to = find the most efficient way as well. Thanks.

Michael Ray
CIM Engineer
TRW Marshall Received on Wed Sep 13 2000 - 10:04:10 CDT