How many databases do you support?

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:28:58 -0500

Is there any sort of rule-of-thumb for how many database that a DBA should be expected to support? I realize that the answer would vary based on size of databases, stability, production vs. development, mission critical, 24/7, etc.

But in general, how many databases would you think a DBA should be supporting if you divide the total number of databases in an organization by the number of DBAs supporting them?

How many databases do you support on average? What is the size of your team?

Trying to get ideas for the head count of our DBA team here and wondering what the industry standard is.

Thanks Received on Wed Sep 13 2000 - 12:28:58 CDT