RE: Optimal hard disk layout for Oracle -

From: Figueiredo, Pedro <PFigueiredo_at_europeantelecom.at>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:29:20 -0000

Hi,

We're using SunOS 5.6, VxVA Version 2.6, Solaris Patch-Level 105181-20, Oracle 8.1.5.1.0, Veritas 3.0.3.

Maybe you can have a problem with your Veritas version (seems very old). I would advise you to check with Oracle and Sun Support about this, before trying anything.

The machine where we have it is running a billing system. We had about 20% improvement after changing to directio and a write parameter on devices from 4K to 8K.
I'm not completely aware of this second thing so I can't give detailed information (we had a Sun guy here changing it).

No special precautions that I know of. Basically we had good results and no bad experiences.

Hope this helps. Cheers

Pedro Figueiredo