RE: How many databases do you support?

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:08:03 -0500

Hi Cherie,
 We have about 145 databases on about 40 different servers. The versions and platforms vary (from 7.2.3 to 8.1.6 and from DEC/Compaq VAX VMS/Alpha to Sun, SGI, HP, IBM). We are 9 DBAs in a team under one non technical Manager. I have 15 databases on 5 servers.
 We have BMC Database tools (DBReorg, DB Change Manager), CA/Platinum DeskTop DBA, Quests SQLab & TOAD... But most of us still use good old SQL scripts to carry on DBA tasks. Routine monitoring of databases is done by BMCs PATROL product....

HTH..
- Kirti