HELP: Export - EXP-00008: ORACLE error 904 encountered NT4 8.

From: Paul Drake <drake_at_psscorp.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:01:09 -0400

In examining my export log on a database this evening, I noticed the following output at the bottom of the log file:

EXP-00008: ORACLE error 904 encountered
ORA-00904: invalid column name
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

So I cannot count on the logical exports for a database restore. I do have weekly cold backups and nightly hot backups (archivelog).

Operating System:	WinNT Server 4.0
Service Pack 		6a
RDBMS			Oracle 8i R2 Standard Edition
Version			8.1.6.0.0 +
Patches		8.1.6.1.1
			8.1.6.1.2

No iFS, no Intermedia.

Its too late for me to call Oracle US Support, and this will have to wait for tomorrow - but:

Has anyone seen this before?

thanks in advance for the help, this is most upsetting.

Paul

Paul Drake
Professional Software Systems Received on Wed Sep 13 2000 - 21:01:09 CDT