RE: 3 disks in ONE volume or 3 vols for each disk ?

From: Rahul <rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 09:54:15 +0700

here's what i have been offered...

VOL1 (1 disk) - OS
VOL2 (1 disk) - OS (backup)
VOL3 (1 disk) - oracle s/w, SYS, RBS, LOG01, CTL01
VOL4 (1 disk) - IDX, TMP, LOG02, CTL02

VOL5(3 Hdisks) - DATA

here what i propose..

remove VOL5 and make 3 separate vols mapping to a single disk then i'll have 7 physical hdisks of 9 GB each.

VOL1 - OS, LOG01, CTL01
VOL2 - OS (backup), LOG02, CTL02
VOL3 - oracle s/w
VOL4 - IDX, TMP, RBS
VOL5 - IDX
VOL6 - DATA
VOL7 - DATA

logs will be multiplexed on VOL1 and VOL2 (mirroring would be nice, but not available) ,
i have a choice of putting redo logs on VOL3 (oracle s/w) also.. what would be the
performance implications ?
Other way to place datafile using 7 hdisks ?

TIA Rahul