Database Auditing

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 11:14:39 -0700

The Oracle documentation states:

The maximum size of the database audit trail (SYS.AUD$ table) is predetermined during database creation. By default, up to 99 extents, each 10K in size,
can be allocated for this table.You should not move SYS.AUD$ to another tablespace as a means of controlling the growth and size of the audit trail. However, you can modify the default storage parameters in SYS.AUD$.

            Note:

            Moving the SYS.AUD$ table out of the SYSTEM tablespace is not supported because the Oracle code makes implicit

            assumptions about the data dictionary tables such as SYS.AUD$, which could cause problems with upgrades and

            backup/recovery scenarios.

I finally have a need to audit an application. I thought it was de riguer to move the sys.aud$ table. Yes I know I can place the audit records in a file.

Ian Macgregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 13:14:39 CDT