Migrating into Oracle8i

From: Ajay Kothari <akothari_at_lipidata.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 14:24:21 +0530

Currently my Oracle Database is 7.3.4(Enterprise Edition, 8 Users) on Sco-Unix Relase 5.0 Open Server. and Front-end is Developer-2000 forms 5 and 6

I want to migrate from Oracle 7.3.4 to Oracle 8i on Redhat 6.2 Linux platform.and Development platform from Forms 6.0 to 6i. Please help me out by giving some guidelines so that my current forms can be used (can be accessible through Internet) with Oracle 8i database for Internet.

I don't know how to start? please help.

Secondly I am get confused for using Internet Application Development Tools as JDeveloper, Forms Server, Reports Server, Oracle Portal, iAS, OAS. Could you explain me each in detail conceptually and how I can use these tools.

How I could migrate from existing environment to Internet environment.

Thanks in advance and best regards

Ajay Kothari
Keep smile !!! Visit us at www.lipidata.com

Lipi Data Systems Ltd, Mumbai Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 03:54:21 CDT