oracle+linux+php4

From: Pablo Martin De Natale <dena_at_iwcc.com.ar>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:00:59 -0400

Hello, I'm new on this list...
Well I development a website using Oracle8i Release 8.1.5.0.1 - Production With the Java option PL/SQL Release 8.1.5.0.0 - Production and PHP 4.0. The operating system is Red Hat 6.2 and the webserver is Apache 1.3.12.
I connected Oracle with PHP through TCP/IP. But the problem is the Oracle Server "DOWN" and the web site not responding. So I do this steps:
svrmgrl

SVRMGR> connect system/manager as sysdba
SVRMGR> shutdown abort
SVRMGR> startpup open 'name of database'
SVRMGR> quit

Then I restart the Apache Server... and the web site runs normally... Anybody can help me?

Thanks!!!

Pablo De Natale Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 16:00:59 CDT