Re: Sqlplus and connect internal

From: Stephen Andert <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 17:32:10 -0600

It worked for me:

SQL> connect internal
Connected.
SQL>=20 I'm on Digital Unix and I tried both Oracle 8.0.4.3.0 and Oracle 8.1.6.

I don't have an NT instance to try on, is that what you guys are using? = Might be an OS difference.

L8R

Stephen Andert

>>> jonathan_at_gennick.com 09/11 8:03 AM >>>
On Thu, 07 Sep 2000 13:50:25 -0800, Steve O'Donnell wrote:

>Server manager connects OK with connect internal, but sqlplus insists on
>having a password and then fails to connect with the ORA-01031 insufficien=
>privileges message.
>
>But if I supply sqlplus with a connect internal/password all on the same
>line it connects fine.

I get the same behavior. For example:

SQL> connect internal
Enter password:
ERROR:
ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

SQL> connect internal/oracle
Connected.

I have to believe that this is a bug. BTW, I have a password file, so even Server Manager requires a password.

Here's another oddity that I noticed while experimenting with this. I set remote_login_passwordfile=3Dnone, deleted my password file, and then I stopped and restarted my database service from the control panel. At that point I should have been able to connect internal without a password. Instead, both SQL*Plus and Server Manager prompted me for a password. Then they both rejected whatever password I typed in. The end result was that I was forced to reinstate my password file. That doesn't seem like proper behavior, and at the moment I'm at a loss to explain it.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com =20
http://gennick.com=20
Brighten the Corner Where You Are