Re: HASH_JOIN on RBO?

From: <MTPConsulting_at_aol.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 22:34:22 EDT

Chuck,
Could you be referencing a view that uses a CBO hint? I've seen it happen where the query had a RULE hint, but used a view with a CBO hint and that caused the whole query to use CBO.

Marc Perkowitz
MTP Systems Consulting, Ltd.

In a message dated 9/12/00 8:36:24 PM Central Daylight Time, chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com writes:

<< I have a query with a RULE hint, but the execution plan is show hash joins. Is this something new in the 8.1.5 optimizer? It used to be that you could only get HASH joins with CBO. Also, each of the operations is showing a cost and cardinality even though none of the tables have stats. The net result is I'm getting a horrible execution plan that includes cartesian merges and runs for hours when previously this query ran in minutes. Any Received on Tue Sep 12 2000 - 21:34:22 CDT