RE: Installation Mystery on 7.3.4

From: DEVERGE Philippe <Philippe.DEVERGE_at_opt.nc>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:27:47 +1100

Hi, Rajesh

        I will give you a general explication,=20

        With this command, you have build a new kernel with the new option (compilation of C programs...)
> =20
> make -f ins_rdbms.mk install=20

        Then you install, the new Oracle kernel and all of the object associted with it. You could restard Oracle

        and found the distributed option.

> The puzzle for me is that how the above two commands
> could enable distributed option for Oracle ??? Does it mean
> that all these options (Parallel server, Parallel Query,=20
> Replication, Spatial Data etc) are just stored/flagged in=20
> Oracle Kernel only and not stored anywhere in Oracle=20
> data-dictionary???

        When you install Oracle, you choose the options and then the installer build your oracle kernel.

        If you want a new option, you have to rebuild the kernel (see the two command above). This work

        is well prepared by oracle.

	Regards=20
	PHD

> Please clarify......
>=20

> Thanks in Advance,
> Rajesh
> --=20
> Author: Rajesh Dayal
> INET: Rajesh_at_ohitelecom.com
>=20

> San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing =
Lists