RE: Oracle Fail Safe and MS Cluster Server solutions

From: Rahul <rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 09:53:36 +0700

List,=20
After searching /re-searching we have decided on "fail safe" (NT = cluster)=20
for high availability for our db. It seems that OFS offers this = solutions
using easy to implement tools and does not cost much in terms of = hardware.

Two nodes will take care of the instance failure and datafiles on = external
RAID
storage will take care of any media failure.=20

One mismatch i found in the metalink docs. is when they mention about = the
"load sharing"
between nodes !! how can there be load sharing when the "MS cluster = server"
allows
ONLY "share nothing" model ???

Rahul

Lists