Re:8.1.6.- from 32 to 64

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:02:05 -0400

Uldis,

    I asked Oracle & HP that question a couple of months ago. The answer is that the files are NOT compatible, so you have to go the export, rebuild, import route. We also tried it just to "press the test button" and they were right.

Dick Goulet

Subject: 8.1.6.- from 32 to 64
Author: "Uldis Pavuls" <U.Pavuls_at_konts.lv> Date: 9/8/00 7:46 AM

Hi,

is there a problem with switching from 32bit Oracle 8.1.6 to 64bit (HP and SPARC) and back? Could it be done on the same datafiles (i.e. is there a differences in file formats or anything else)?

TIA,
Uldis

Uldis Pavuls
DBA, Tieto Konts Financial Systems Ltd.