Re: Oracle + XML question

From: Andreas Jung <ajung_at_sz-sb.de>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 10:24:35 +0200

On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 09:40:19AM -0800, Andrey Bronfin wrote:
> Dear list !
>
> We use a lot of XML stuff in our shop , including XML storage & parsing in the Oracle DB .
> We insert , query and parse XML using our home-developed routines written in Perl .
> But it turns out that Oracle has a standard way and tools to handle & deal with XML .
> ( called something like XSU ? )
> Do U use it ?
> Are there any resources to look at to learn more about this ? ( For beginners )
> Is it built-in or needs special installation ?

That depends on what your needs are ?!
E.g. we are currently building a document database that will keep 10.000.000 document in 11 languages. All documents are XML documents. They are stored in CLOBs and the documents are indexed with Intermedia for fulltext searching. Feel free to contact me for further details. Received on Mon Sep 11 2000 - 03:24:35 CDT