Re: How to prevent DUAL having more than 1 row

From: Mohammad Rafiq <rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 13:54:27 EDT

If you require to use full dump of database , you are not required to run catalog or other cat* scripts as your dump contains all required data dictionery stuff and yes you can import full dump just after creation of database.
Regards
Rafiq

From: "Tom Pall" <tom_at_cdproc.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Subject: Re: How to prevent DUAL having more than 1 row Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 19:40:26 -0800

I just checked the log of my latest full database export. I see system and all the other users.
But no sys. Aren't you susposed to have created a database and run catalog, catproc, catwhatever
before importing the full database export? ----- Original Message -----
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Friday, September 08, 2000 3:21 PM

> Has somebody imported dmp with system data and with rows=y ignore=y. This
is
> one of the possible reason which happened to us in our early days with
> Oracle version 5(1988-89) when ignore=y/n option was not available.
> Regards
> Rafiq

> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
> Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 07:15:42 -0800
>
> Hi Babu,
>
> I can't tell you how this happened, but I can suggest an unsupported way
of
> making sure that it never happens again. The APT script
"replace_dual.sql"

Author: Tom Pall
   INET: tom_at_cdproc.com