Necessity of rerunning catalog/catproc after import

From: Joe Hatchel <Joe.Hatchel_at_richmond.ppdi.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 08:33:23 -0400

    With an upgrade planned this weekend, I have a question about my proposed process. I am going from 7.3.4 to 8.1.6 . The new database will be pre created with all necessary objects and catalog/catproc will be run. Then import will be run to bring in the data.

    The question is, do I need to rerun the catalog and catproc scripts? I seem to remember that this shouldn't be harmful but I wouldn't bet on it. So, is it recommended, a really bad idea, or not necessary at all?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

Joe Hatchel
DBA
PPD Development
Richmond, VA Received on Fri Sep 08 2000 - 07:33:23 CDT