Re: Sqlplus and connect internal

From: Tom Pall <tom_at_cdproc.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2000 12:32:11 -0500

Internal is not deactivated in 8.1.6.

There is an opened bug about running catalog with sql*plus as sysdba. One DBA ran catalog using sql*plus in 8.1.6, knowing that svrmgrl was going away. She discovered that there were linefeeds in some of the scripts run by catalog.sql in object definitions. Svrmgrl tolerates these linefeeds, sql*plus does not, so she would up with errors that certain objects had not been created. Views upon the objects were of course invalid. ----- Original Message -----
From: Rama Malladi <rmalladi_at_inteliant.com> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 6:25 PM Subject: RE: Sqlplus and connect internal