job queue questions

From: Brian Wisniewski <brian_wisniewski_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 06:49:35 -0700 (PDT)

Inherited development database created by the vendor.

There are 8 jobs in dba_jobs and 4 of them are daemon-type jobs. I always see 4 jobs running in dba_jobs_running and always 4 active processes.

job_queue_processes was set to 15 but I backed it off to 6 for now and job_queue_interval is set to 60 so the snp processes never get a break.

I just want to verify for each of these daemon jobs I need 1 dedicated job_queue_process correct? I should also have a couple more to process the other jobs in dba_jobs since 4 will always be busy, is this correct? Am I also correct in assuming when the database first starts up dba_jobs will be checked and any jobs whose start time has been reached will start? I want to increase the job_queue_interval so the other unused process can sleep but I need to find out some more info from the vendor.

Thanks - Brian

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - Free email you can access from anywhere! http://mail.yahoo.com/ Received on Thu Sep 07 2000 - 08:49:35 CDT