ORA-01498 ... need some help

From: Bachmann, Henrik <Henrik.Bachmann_at_bim-consulting.de>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:58:01 +0200

Hi there,

anybody out there who can give me a hint for the following problem?

There is an Oracle server 7.3.4 with several schemes and I have detected some data trash and now I am facing with the following error after an ANALYZE TABLE VALIDATE STRUCTURE CASCADE: ORA-01498 block Check Failure - see trace file  Cause: An error occurred while checking a block with the ANALYZE command.

What I have to do now respectively what can I do now to detect the whole extent of the problem?

How can I determine the affected rows to remove the data trash?

What can I do to fix the problem?

Best regards

Henrik Bachmann                    mailto:Henrik.Bachmann_at_bim-consulting.de

B.I.M.-Consulting Magdeburg        http://www.bim-consulting.de/
D-39124 Magdeburg