RE: data block waits

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 17:12:36 +1000

Hi Vivek,

You are right. This is a very basic question. You could have answered it yourself by reading the documentation on TechNet, by searching on MetaLink, or even by checking the Ixora web site. Nevertheless, lest you think I'm in a bad mood, I'll answer your question.

Of course FREELISTS = 1 does not prevent concurrent inserts. It merely fails to reduce the risk of buffer busy waits on the data block on the head of the freelist should multiple concurrent inserts be attempted.

@ Regards,
@ Steve Adams
@ http://www.ixora.com.au/
@ http://www.christianity.net.au/