Re: ODBC drivers

From: Witold Iwaniec <wiwaniec_at_novalistech.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 08:32:35 -0300

Thanks for the reply.

I have found the problem - it is a carriage return at the end of the command. When I connect using the ODBC test program, provided by Oracle, and type just the command:

begin my_proc('-1', 'INT_TEN_RS', 1); end;

it works. But if I hit enter at the end of the line, I get the error. The carriage return does not make any difference when I use the old or Microsoft's driver but makes a difference with the 8.1.6 ODBC driver.
Also the carriage return only causes a problem when you execute a stored procedure. If you run a SELECT, INSERT, etc statements, it does not make any difference whether the carriage return is there or not.

Thanks for the info anyway, I did not think about the DSN option.

Witold