Secondary index on index-organized table - Too large

From: Ronen Levit <ronen.levit_at_talmai.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 12:15:47 +0200

I've created an IOT with a secondary index.

Seems that the secondary index gets as much disk space as the whole table itself - which is amazing I think.

The table consists 10 columns, while the 2nd index consists 2.

Below you'll find the numbers ...

Anyone knows how to reduce it's size? if possible?!

(We're using direct load from 4 threads to insert data into this table, 8.1.5.1 on NT).

Ronen Levit
Database group manager
Talmai

Tel:  +972 8 9460606 #212